are the conditions for our personal salvation?
The aim of life is
to seek union with God and our salvation.
1) We begin with Faith in God and the Truth of the Scriptures.
2) We receive the seed at Baptism and Chrismation.
3) through repentance (metanoia - a change of mind) we humble our
selves to receive God and seek to change our behaviors.
4) By prayer and fasting we open our heart to God for His grace to
5) Through Church Sacraments we cultivate the seed and receive His
6) With grace and right choice we grow closer and closer to God.
7) After death we will know God and God will know us.
We will discuss the path to Salvation in the section on the Orthodox
Way of Life.
Are We Saved?" Page