Living the Orthodox Christian Faith
|• Ten Points for Living the Orthodox
Quick Guide to Orthodox Way of Life - Outlines path
Christ, the Apostles and the Church Fathers gave us
to prepare for our Salvation and union with God.
It's a path everyone can follow.
• Prayer - Come closer to God through Daily Prayer, the Jesus prayer and more. One of the most comprehensive online sources on Orthodox Prayer.
• Fasting - Why fast and guidelines
• Sacraments and Special Services -
Baptism, Chrismation, Holy Communion, Confession, Unction, Matrimony, Ordination,
Funeral and more.
• Divine Liturgy - NEW! Comprehensive information on the Divine Liturgy and Holy
Communion (Presanctified Liturgy).
• Special Services: Paraclesis Service, Proskomide, Akathist Hymn
• Liturgical Texts - Paraklitiki (Oktoichos), Triodion, Pentecostarion, Menaion, Horologion,
The translations are, in the main, based on the Greek books published by the Apostoliki Diakonia in Athens, which are,
for the most part, a reprint of the editions published by Vartholomaios of Koutloumousiou in the early nineteenth century,
themselves derived almost unchanged from the long series of printed editions since the sixteenth century.
• Bible Study - Guidelines for study and references.
• Articles, Sacred Music, Icon Gallery, Angels, Saints
• Orthodox Teachings on the End Times
• Monastic Life - Paracletos Monastery, Mount Athos and more
• Icons: Cathedral Icons, Collections, Articles, Audio/visual, Festival Presentations
• Feasts of the Virgin Mary the Theotokos - Learn about the
incredible life of the Virgin Mary the Theotokos thru the major
the Church dedicated to Her.
• Feast of Pentecost - The celebration of the Holy Spirit.
Why is this feast so important?
• Study Links - Comprehensive links for study of the Orthodox Faith, online
magazines and Journals, and sources for Books, icons and religious items.
• An Online Catechism - Orthodox Way of Life - A complete online manual on the dogma and teachings of the Church that underlie the Orthodox
way of life that prepare us to receive God's grace for our Union with Him.
Foundations of Orthodox Faith - a 12 week class given twice a year at the Saint George Cathedral. Email or call 864-233-8531 for information.