Women's Philoptochos Society
Saint George’s Philoptochos Society (friend to the poor) was established in 1942 by the National Philoptochos Organization. It is a charitable organization of ladies who donate support to those in need within our church and local community, as well as various national and international projects. Annual projects include the AGAPE (love) Project, a collection of warm wear for the needy; visitation of member shut-ins; coffee hour treats for funerals and memorials; covered dish for three families during lent; preparation of food for the Greek Festival. Various fund raisers (including the highly anticipated Bake Sale of delicious home made Greek foods) are held throughout the year with proceeds going to: the Autism Fund; Children’s Medical Fund: Cancer Center of the Greenville Hospital System; Saint Francis Cancer Center; Meals on Wheels; Safe Harbor Women’s Shelter; Orthodox Christian Fellowship; Retired Clergy and Widowed Presbyteras Benevolent Fund; Saint Photios Shrine; United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund; International Orthodox Charities; and many others.
Frances Pappas, President (864) 313-1215 [email protected]
For the Archdiocese Ladies Philoptochos Society, click here.
For the Atlanta Metropolis Ladies Philoptochos Society, click here.