What are the conditions for our salvation?
The aim of life is to seek union with God and our salvation.
- We begin with Faith in God and the Truth of the Scriptures
- We receive the seed at Baptism and Chrismation.
- Through repentance (metanoia - a change of mind) we humble our selves to receive God and seek to change our behaviors.
- By prayer and fasting we open our heart to God for His grace to help us.
- Through Church Sacraments we cultivate the seed and receive His grace.
- With grace and right choice we grow closer and closer to God.
- After death we will know God and God will know us.
We will discuss the path to Salvation in the section on the Orthodox Way of Life.